Thursday 13 November 2014

Photoshop: Speed Painting


This is an unfinished speed painting we were set to complete within two hours. The painting is of two girls in an apple orchard at night stealing apples. To start off with we filled in the sky as our back ground. Then on top of that I placed the mountains and the snow on the mountains. Then in front of that I placed the trees in the background followed by the trees in the foreground. The shading was then added on top of that. The fence was added above the trees but behind the girls. Then the tree on the left was added along with the apples and the branches, then finally I began to flesh out the two girls.   


While I was fleshing out the two girls and adding in the moon I ran out of time. Two hours was up.


I was pleased with my progress on this painting, especially since I am not experienced with digital painting. It helped improve my confidence even though I was copying someone else's work. 

If I had more time I would of tried to work quicker and not worry about how precise my final painting was. I would of focused on getting all aspects of the images down and then refining and improving upon my work later on. Lighting is one of the things I would of made sure I added within the allocated time, the moon was the source of light within the frame and without it the image loses its impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment