Friday 12 December 2014

Maya: Temple Modelling Challenge


This is a modelling assignment given to us to be assessed as part of our end of term submission.



I had to re create on Maya the temple you can see above using everything I have learnt since the start of this course. I also had to apply basic textures to the finished model using textures given to us by Robin.


I blocked out the basic shape of the temple.


Building the tower in the center of the temple was tricky because it pointed out faces that weren't in proportion with each other.


Once I had created and added all of the roofs I began texturing them one by one.


I then began to create the front of the building.


Once all of the main structure was built and textured I began to add small details.



Here is my finished temple.




Rendered image of the central tower.
If I had more time I would create and add the windows you can see on the front part of the temple. However a problem with the faces on my temple means that it would take too much time to sort out before submission.

My complete temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment