Wednesday 30 September 2015

Z Brush: Working With Z Sphere's (CGA Year Two)

Today in Robins class I learnt how to use Z Spheres in Z Brush.


The premise of Z Spheres is simple. It allows you to design and create an organic base mesh using only spheres built on top of other spheres. Its a very forgiving process that allows you to create, edit and design a character in seconds.


You can see here how in seconds I have gone from a single sphere to something resembling a torso.


I built upon the base I created for myself to create a creature that I would say is a cross between a human, a crab and an insect. 


I then went on to edit that creature to create a spider like alien organism. It reminds Me of something from Skull Island in Peter Jackson's 2005 film King Kong. 

Z Spheres have demonstrated to Me the power of Z Brush and how intuitive it can be. Within minutes of learning about Z Spheres I had created the basis for a potential monster. This would of taken much longer to create in Maya and definitely would of limited my creative potential. It was very easy to use Z Spheres; I look forward to learning more about Z Brush in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment