Monday 26 January 2015

Photoshop: Pixel Art

Learning how to create pixel art.


I created a line 1 pixel thick at a 30 degree angle. Using this line I began to build a cube.


By flipping the 30 degree line and duplicating it I have been able to build the top and bottom of a cube, adding some straight lines joined up the two faces to form a whole cube. 


Again by using a 30 degree line I built a grid, this grid allows me to construct a circle that follows isometric rules. 


By creating an elliptical circle inside the grid you can see how it sits just touching the sides of the box. The circle itself is at a 2:1 ratio.


Extending the circle and box creates a 3D cylinder that is in proportion and works with an isometric view.


 I extended the cylinder and removed the construction lines. 


I then began building the hydrant. Unfortunately I ran out of time and didn't complete the hydrant. However if I have time I will return and complete the hydrant.



Next we animated a GIF.


By changing each frame and playing them in sequence we can create a small animation.


One of my finished frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment