Wednesday 20 January 2016

Part One: Games Art Asset, Viper Mk II (CGA Year Two)

This term I will be designing a space ship that ties into the re imagined Battlestar Galactica universe.


I will be basing my design off of the Viper Mk II.

Viper Mk II, from Battlestar Galactica.
The Viper is an old fighter used in the series by colonial forces. However, I will be re imagining the design and creating something original that could be used in conjunction with the Viper Mk II.

I've created a one sheet and a mood board below to inform and provide context to the model i'm going to create.

One Sheet.
Mood board.
I built a grey box in Maya of the Viper Mk II to get a feel for its aesthetic. I plan to use this grey box as a basis for my design, I will experiment with it in 3D adding and removing parts of the ship to create a different original design. Using the mood board above as inspiration I will take into consideration the role of my design, is it a bomber? fighter? or part of a recon team? These are all things I will address as I build concept grey boxes in Maya.

I've also begun re watching the 2004-2009 series of Battlestar Galactica to help get a feel for the universe and re immerse myself in its overall design aesthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment