Wednesday 27 January 2016

Part Two: Games Art Asset, Viper Mk II Variant (CGA Year Two)

 This is the initial grey box I created to aid Me in designing a a new Viper variant to fit into the Battlestar Galactica universe.




To create the grey box I used 4 images of the Viper in conjunction with each other, one from the top, the side, the back and the front. I then used these as My guide to ensure the shape and proportions were accurate.


Off of this greybox I built multiple different variants of the original Viper. However I was finding it difficult to create a design I was happy with using solely the Vipers body. I then began building away from the original design to create something similar in nature to the Viper, yet different enough to be able to call it My own. This helped Me to create this . . .



I really liked this design at first, however I feel as if its not futuristic enough to fit into the Battlestar universe. I decided to keep the body and change the wings, I then began to experiment with a more sleak wing design.


I took a single sleak wing design I created and began altering the shape of its wings. Experimenting with the shape really helped Me to get a grip on the type of space ship I want to create. I narrowed down My designs into ten I liked, then began sorting through them until I found two I thought were best. I chose to move forward with 7 and 8.


Now all I need to do is decide which of these two designs I like. Then I can begin modelling the ship in detail.

You can see here how much ive experimented so far with this design. Now I can narrow down and begin working on the final model.

No comments:

Post a Comment