Thursday 18 February 2016

Part Three: Games Art Asset, Viper Mk II Variant (CGA Year Two)

I chose which grey box I wanted to use (number 7) and started to build onto it. Adding details such as engines, guns, ect. I plan to create the high poly first then create the low poly from it.




I further defined the shape of the ship as I went along; changing my design as I please. I did however keep in mind my source of inspiration (Viper Mk II), I also tried to think of practical uses/ defenses for every part of the ship as I built it.


I kept adding detail such as fan blades inside the engine and fins on the jets. I used the F16 fighter jet as inspiration for the fins copying their design as closely as I could.


Eventually I decided to stop and build my low poly. I didn't want to add too much detail to the high poly or it could be difficult to bake down onto the low poly. And I wanted to maintain a simplistic design similar to that of the Viper Mk II.




Total tri count for the high poly: 161,419.

No comments:

Post a Comment