Wednesday 13 April 2016

Part Seven: Ninja Kebab, First Person Shooter (CGA Year Two)

I placed all of the assets in engine and applied PBR materials to them. I then re made the level in engine by duplicating assets and putting them into the correct place. I used the old grey box as my reference.

I also applied finishing touches such as the blood splat decals.

Here are some screenshots of the level.






After a group meeting we decided to extend the level to allow the player greater movement. However I didn't want to push the tri count up any further as our total asset count is limited to 300,000 tris. So I duplicated the lab, turned it around by 180 degrees, and placed it onto the back of the already existing room. This saves on tris but looked strange. So I created a wide hallway to connect both rooms via the two small doors at the back of the room.

Connecting hallway.


This is the other room, I removed the tank in the middle of the room. I did this to give the prop artist room to place his assets in game. I also wanted there to be an obvious difference between the two rooms so the player knows where they are.






I made sure to leave enough room whilst building this level for the prop artist (Reece Stansbury) to fill out with his assets. This is why (in its current state) the level looks minimalist.

Overall I am very pleased with the result. Its close to the concept and has provided us with a solid level to build a great game off of.

I handed the level over to the game designer a week ago. He will start the baking process. Then integrate it into the current build of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment